Xamarin, Flutter or React Native: what to prefer to develop your mobile app?
Could you imagine our daily life without using mobile applications? We totally agree with you, there is no need to abandon mobile applications if you are going to make your work more productive and life easier.
With the help of applications, we all making everyday purchases, paying bills, watching our favorite TV series or blogging, earning money or just having fun.
Such a craze for mobile apps reveals one important thing: every business needs mobile apps to retain customers and boost repeat purchases.
So mobile applications development is a popular service among Business owners because apps help make money.
But wait a minute, what to choose to create cost-effective mobile apps?Here is a question.
All apps can be divided into three types depending on the tools due to which they are created: Mobile, Native, Hybrid (cross-platform).
The last one is the most popular. Why?
There is no need to increase working time of developers, increase budget, expand staff and train your own specialists. In this article, we will look at the most popular cross-platform tools, and let’s start with Flutter.
It is Google’s recent tool, but it already greatly simplifies developers life, because it allows you to easily develop cross-platform apps. Now you do not need to create one application for iOS and another one for Android. You only need a single codebase for both platforms. Is not it convenient?
The main advantages of Flutter:
- Free open source platform based on Dart and reactive programming;
- Increases the speed of writing code, helps with fixing bugs, and adding functionality;
- Suitable for MVP so that apps creation needs less time;
- Testing also takes less time, that allows paying more attention to quality;
- Easy to create your own widgets or customize previous ones.
Some disadvantages of Flutter:
- Available in a test mode;
- No support for platforms such as Jenkins and Travis;
- A lack of libraries with functionalities ready to implement.
This is a framework uses the C# language.
The main advantages of Xamarin
- C# works flawlessly on multiple platforms;
- Allowed to write your own user interface code;
- Access to native API;
- NuGet and Xamarin plug-ins speed up the mobile applications development (which is quite good, isn’t?).
Some disadvantages of Xamarin:
- Paid and has limited access to crucial libraries;
- User interface development takes a lot of time since the creation of the main user interface isn’t mobile.
This one is a Facebook product that is used for cross-platform mobile development.
The main advantages of React Native:
- Ready-to-use items speed up the development process;
- Ready code is suitable for both Android and iOS platforms;
- Access to native functions (f.e. camera);
- High-quality mobile interface.
Disadvantages of React Native:
- Navigation of mobile application on React Native is not so smooth as Native navigation;
- As opposed to applications developed using Java, and Objective-C, Swift, RN applications work slower.
You have to know it
Using Flutter, you will create a mobile application that will surprise users with smooth performance and high speed.
React Native also provides a high speed of the mobile application, which can be increased depending on the business objectives.
Xamarin applications will provide you with better performance and will be constantly improved in accordance with the standards of native development. With Xamarin, apps for iOS and Android can be completely native, with the advantages of each platform.
To understand Xamarin, you need to know Android. Many things are identical, and C# is similar to Java.
So what will be better for your business?
It is normal if you ask yourself this question. Each of the listed above platforms is different in its own way. We hope this article will help you make the right choice. You can contact us — firstname.lastname@example.org — and we will help you decide which exactly platform to use to create your mobile application. It is easier to make the right choice of being armed with full information.